Tuesday, May 2, 2017

In Memory of Dave our Beloved Cockatiel

Lesson learned: Never give your birds Avocado for it contains a toxin called Persin. This toxin is deadly to birds. Signs of persin poisoning in birds includes the inability to perch, respiratory distress, fluid accumulation around the bird's heart and lungs, liver and kidney failure, and sudden death. This is what happened to our beloved Dave. He accidentally ingested avocado as small as a grain of rice. We didn't know anything about it. He was rushed to the Avian hospital but it was too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment